PANCE Study Plan

To develop this PANCE study plan, I first looked at my previous PACKRAT and EOR reports. Since my first PACKRAT test, I have improved significantly in the cardio, lungs and GI categories. Regardless of that, these are organ systems that I want to review weekly until my test day. Cardiovascular, GI and pulmonary account for 16%, 10% and 12% of the exam content, respectively. By reviewing the previous PACKRAT and EOR reports, I did notice weak areas that will certainly need my focus such as psychiatry, neurology, dermatology  and musculoskeletal. I have noticed myself that my knowledge in these categories is not too strong. Another area that I would like to focus on is pharmacology particularly antibiotics, psychiatric and asthma/COPD medications. 

Since I am a visual learner, I want to supplement my study plan by watching osmosis videos pertinent to the topic being studied. I found osmosis videos helpful for reviewing the pathophysiology of the diseases and in that way solving the questions. Aside from reviewing topics, I attempt to do 3 sets of 100 questions (timed) plus a PANCE prep test on saturdays per week in the first four weeks. I will attempt to do just 300 questions plus the PANCE prep test in the first four weeks to not burn myself, since the other days will be very packed. From previous experience preparing for PACKRAT and EORs, I found that doing questions is crucial to learn how diseases will be presented and to force myself to do the questions in less than 1 minute. In the last two week before the test, I will attempt to do two PANCE prep tests per week plus reviewing the tests and scheduled topics. However, this can change depending on my performance in the PANCE prep test done during the first four weeks.

https://www.nccpa.net/ExamsContentBPOrgans